Seamanship, Safety & Environmental Concerns
- Proper use of safety equipment such as life vests, survival suits and life rafts.
- Navigational Rules and Legal Requirements.
- Preparation of a vessel for getting underway.
- Practice in basic knots, bends and hitches.
- Practice in line handling techniques.
- Environmental concerns.
Pool Demo - Students will practice safety equipment usage such as:
Hands-On Instruction - Students will get to:
Dock and undock
Maneuver in close quarters
Practice over-board maneuvers.