Private Boat Handling Instruction
Chapman School of Seamanship is pleased to again offer private boat handling Instruction on board your vessel on Cape Cod. All instruction will be developed to meet your specific boat handling objectives and will be taught by licensed USCG Captains/Chapman School of Seamanship Instructors.
Training will include:
- Pre-planning telephone or e-mail interview to find out your specific training objectives.
- A daily syllabus developed prior to the start of training
- Itinerary of training area
Instruction can run from a minimum of 4 hours to any length of time as per your requirements.
Training will be customized for you and can include:
- Boat handling: undocking/docking; line handling; communications; close quarter maneuvering
- Electronic Navigation
- Planning a short or long Voyage
- Safety and equipment
- Weather considerations
Depending on where you are located on the Cape, voyages can be:
- Anywhere in and around the Cape Cod area
- Cape Cod Canal
- Martha’s Vineyard
- Buzzards Bay
- Woods Hole
- The Elizabeth Islands; just to mention a few.
All voyages are dependent on Weather, Visibility and Sea State.
Rates are as follows:
- Instructor hourly rate at $90 per hour for up to two people. (For 6 or more hours of instruction a 15% discount will apply)
- Travel time to and from Sandwich/Sagamore to your location at $50.00 per hour, plus 57.5 cents per mile.
- Development time; depending on the extent of your training request at $45.00 per hour (this will be estimated after the initial phone or e-mail interview)
- Lodging for overnight voyages
- Food per-diem for overnight voyages or meals provided by client
You will need to provide:
- A Seaworthy vessel for the intended area of operation
- Dockage for any overnight or out of your area voyages
- All vessel operational cost, i.e. gas, equipment, parts, etc.
- Charts for area of operations
- Guide books
In addition the Instructor will need to be added to your insurance as being covered for Captain and Crew. Most insurance companies do not charge an additional fee depending on the extent and time of training. A resume of your Captain will be provided as required.
Training date are currently available from:
July 06 - July 31
August 01 - August 14
If you have any questions or wish to reserve training time please call our office and speak to Tom Danti.